Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Doomed?

Doomed? (Maybe not.) (iPhone photo by BobbaLew.)

—A tiny sapling grows in the gutter off my garage-roof.
It’s pictured above.
I have no idea how it got there. No trees are near my house, so theoretically leaves, etc. shouldn’t accumulate in my gutters.
In two weeks a son of my Canandaigua YMCA aquacise instructor comes to landscape around my house.
I hope he brings a ladder. I have one but it’s heavy. It’s wood.
I’m also 75 years old with questionable balance. I could probably remove that sapling myself, but it would be challenging.
Working off a ladder is okay assuming I can grab it with my hands. No top step for this kid! My feet alone are unstable.
One of the Canandaigua YMCA lifeguards also does landscaping. She helps her husband, who I guess is head landscaper.
She’s not an office lady. She physically helps her husband, ripping out shrubbery and trimming trees.
I told her I needed a man with a string-trimmer and a chainsaw. I have 4.7 acres, much of it reforested. I have paths cut but trees fall across ‘em.
But she lives far south of me; so their landscaping business is too distant.
“Any suggestions?” I asked.
“****** ****’s son does landscaping,” she said.
****** **** is my aquacise instructor.
We collared ****** ****. She gave me her son’s business card.
Big trees from little trees grow. Maybe I should replant this sapling.
Years ago, when my wife and I lived up in Rochester, a Norway maple helicopter-seed germinated in our garden. We didn’t rip it out. We let it grow.
It became a sapling, and we transplanted it to West Bloomfield when we moved here — which was 30 years ago.
That sapling is now a giant tree; 15-inch trunk, maybe 40-50 feet high. I hafta mow around it, and its roots hurl me on my riding-mower.
I’m told Norway maples are intruders, a weed-tree. But it looks pretty good to me. I also have another we paid for. It’s much larger.
I’ve heard complaints about helicopter-seeds, but my mower chops ‘em into mulch.
Those maples also drop many leaves come Fall, but my mower mulches them too.
So perhaps that little sapling isn’t doomed. It may be a sugar-maple. My nearest tree is a sugar-maple, purchased by my wife’s father. He died shortly before our house was finished.
Every Fall its leaves turn red, then drop for mulching. My Norway maples aren’t as pretty.
My wife’s ashes are dispersed around that sugar-maple. She always thought highly of it since her father bought it.
So I’m not sure I wanna toss that gutter-sapling. Nearby is a giant tree that was once a sapling.
Perhaps 40 years from now, assuming that sapling survives, whoever owns my house can brag to neighbors a giant sugar-maple was once a gutter-sapling.

• For 2-3 years or more I did aquatic balance training in the Canandaigua YMCA’s swimming-pool. I dropped out for the moment so I could try dry-land balance-training at a hospital Physical-Therapy. I continue to use the pool on-my-own.

14 Comments:

Blogger Robin Wick said...

avast toll free number uk
avast contact number uk
avast hepline number uk
avast support number uk

4:40 AM  
Blogger Thamos Liam said...

aol support number uk
aol toll free number uk
aol contact number uk
aol contact number uk

5:33 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...

Are you looking for something new post? Then you should visit this website. This post has all updated and new information that one should know about this topic.How to fix issue of yahoo mail not working on any of the browsers?

2:27 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...


Yes, I must say that the writer has a very keen knowledge of this topic. I have read so many posts and I got my answer here. I recommend reading this post and gain more and more knowledge. Netflix Download Error 927

1:52 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...


This is not a simple task to write this type of amazing content on this topic. But the writer of this post has done a great job as every single piece of information is updated and hence, you come to know more. HOW CAN I FIX KASPERSKY PROTECTION NOT WORKING IN FIREFOX?

1:23 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...


Amazing! I am very much impressed by the vocabulary that has been used in the framing of the blog What are the causes of AVG not updating the issue?

11:24 PM  
Blogger thomie joy said...


Antivirus programming distinguishes or sees the infections and malware and a short time later resulting to recognizing the proximity of the infection and it chips away at ousting it from the PC structure. Antivirus functions as a shield with a mean to eliminate the infection and to flush out any conceivable infection from tainting your PC later on. USAGE OF KASPERSKY QUARANTINE FEATURE

1:33 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...

AVG antivirus software is an excellent choice for the protection and safety of computers and devices from all types of malware, spyware Trojans, and viral attacks. How to troubleshoot AVG MSI error 27046?

1:03 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...

The reset of the Gmail settings is an easy process to be done for that, the user should open Gmail on the computer further in the top right corner the user should click on “settings” from there the user can get the change made. If required then to know more the user should take help from the Gmail learned people. Google releasing new updates for its educational tools

4:24 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...


The writer knows the art very well it can be seen in the blog that has been posted here, the blog is going to help a lot of people. How to troubleshoot yahoo not working on Google Chrome?

1:59 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...

The blog has been framed very well, the writer has written it very nicely for any help over yahoo related problems the user should go to the experts at yahoo customer service phone number uk

1:35 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...

Yahoo Calendar is an online calendar service used by some business professionals to manage important meetings and project deadlines. Read more from this guide."Yahoo Calendar: Keeps Everything Managed

11:54 PM  
Blogger thomie joy said...


If AVG Antivirus stopped working on your device then, this is the time to run a complete malware or virus scan of your device. Update your AVG antivirus. What should I do if AVG Antivirus stopped working?

2:32 AM  
Blogger thomie joy said...

The writer has done exceptionally well as it comes to writing this blog here, for further information and for more help over Gmail please ring at Gmail customer care number UK

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home