Sunday, June 09, 2019

“It’s a miracle, Bobby”

I don’t know this guy from the Moon! (iPhone photo by BobbaLew.)

—“What I’d like to do now is take your picture,” I said to the gentleman pictured above.
I was at my hairdresser for a trim. I had taken along my dog Killian per usual request. Killian repaired into a side-room to hide and nap.
Suddenly the stranger appeared. He walked in to be my hairdresser’s next appointment. He was completely unknown to me or Killian.
As soon as he sat Killian got up, came out of the side-room, jumped on the sofa, and plopped next to the stranger.
I’m supposed to keep Killian from doing this? As if I had any choice!
I wouldn’t know this stranger in a million years, nor would Killian. Yet PLOP!
Stranger was not the least put off. He started petting Killian.
Trim finished I unholstered my iPhone to take the picture,”
“This isn’t the first time,” I said.
“What I’ll do,” I said; “is post this picture on Facebook.”
“In which case the guy pictured will also get the photo,” my hairdresser interjected. “He has a Facebook, and Facebook does facial recognition. It will appear in his ‘feed’.”
“I didn’t know Facebook was doing facial recognition,” I said.
“You mean the reason all those GIs gave their lives on Normandy’s beaches was so we could do such wonders of technology?”

• “It’s a miracle, Bobby” is something my God-fearing mother used to exclaim regarding anything not having simple explanation. (Bobby is of course me.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home