Sunday, May 18, 2014

They never can leave well-enough alone

Yrs trly worries about “improvements” to the sites I use.
You’re looking at one now: BlogSpot.
I store my image-files at PhotoBucket. BlogSpot gets them from an http address.
We’re about due for “improvements.”
Dread!
As I recall, BlogSpot changed their interface since my wife died. I managed to figure that out myself. Before it was my wife and I together.
PhotoBucket changes their interface fairly often, but only slightly. There have been a slew of tiny interface-changes since my wife died, but nothing I couldn’t handle.
I use PhotoBucket only because BlogSpot’s image-storage, which I think is Picassa, went south on me.
I might have maxxed it out. They didn’t tell me. It just stopped working one day.
My wife was still alive at that time. We switched to PhotoBucket.
What I fear most is -a) PhotoBucket maxxing out, and/or -b) BlogSpot initiating something I can’t handle.
The techno-mavens are at it again!
What’s trumpeted as “an improvement” is often something I can’t figure out.
Caring-Bridge did that recently. They instituted some “improvement” which ends up being a curve.
Caring-Bridge was the site my wife used to update people on her cancer.
I now have another friend with cancer, and he uses Caring-Bridge.
I fired up his Caring-Bridge the other day, and WHOA! What do we have here?
Caring-Bridge has done at least three “improvements” since my wife died, and each one I’ve been able to figure out.
I’m not sure about this most recent “improvement.” I think I’ve figured it out, but I have questions. I ain’t sure I’m seeing it all.
So I worry about these blogging sites.
I figure they’re about due.
They never can leave well-enough alone.

And now PhotoBucket is blasting me with ads. It didn’t before.
If this blogging all-of-a-sudden stops, it’s likely because the sites I use instituted some “improvement.”
I used to use a web-mail called “My-Way.”
All-of-a-sudden they “improved” it, making it so slow and unfriendly I split.
I didn’t want to, but it was awful.
Apple-Computer is now trying to get me to upgrade to a new OS-X called “Maverick.”
PASS!
I remember what happened when I installed “Lion.” It lunched a slew of my functions. —Back to “Snow-Leopard.”
Nothing doing, Apple. So much for “Lion,” so much for “Maverick.”
As a friend says, quoting an old Henry Ford maxim: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home