Friday, July 06, 2012

Utter Insanity

Now, can I blog some utter insanity, just like the old days before my wife died?
It’s awfully hard to blog anything when I have a heavy heart.
College-try time. Pick up the old shovel and start slingin’.
I’m walking calmly through the parking-lot at the Mighty Canandaigua Weggers yesterday (Thursday, July 5, 2012) returning to my car.
I start down a parking-lot aisle, and suddenly Granny appears in a silver Pontiac sedan. The slot was open, so she’s driven through from the other side.
She sees me perhaps four feet from the slot, so puts the hammer down!
Prior to my wife’s death, I would have yelled and then said “hex-KYOOZE me!”
But that’s not how I am since my wife died.
I seem to be cowed.
Like, she almost ran me over!
I get cut off willy-nilly, but just back off.
My blowhard brother-in-Boston, the macho Harley-dude, notes I drive “like an old man.”
Well yeah, I am an old man. (I’m 68.)
But I get plenty of Geezers glowering at me as if I’m an impediment to their progress.
And usually their doting wives are with them.
It’s simple, I’m cowed since my wife died.
The average person, like my brother, is not where I am.
I realize this isn’t much of a blog, but the muse is quiet.

• My beloved wife of 44 years died of cancer April 17, 2012. She was 68. I miss her dearly.
• “Mighty Weggers” is Wegmans, a large supermarket-chain based in Rochester I often buy groceries at. They have a store in Canandaigua.(“Canandaigua” [“cannan-DAY-gwuh”] is a small city to the east nearby where I live in Western NY. The city is also within a rural town called “Canandaigua.” The name is Indian, and means “Chosen Spot.” It’s about 14 miles away.) I live in the small rural town of West Bloomfield in Western NY, southeast of Rochester.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home