Friday, July 20, 2012

“There it is”

....I thought to myself as a black S-10 pickup pulled in front of me making me slam on the brakes.
That was yesterday afternoon, Thursday, July 19.
“My blog-topic for tomorrow.”
My muse has been fairly quiet since my wife died.
I don’t blog often, and I worry about having little to say.
I’m too stunned.
It’s not like before when I seemed swamped with topics.
I had just turned east onto West Avenue in Canandaigua from West Ave. Plaza, and was headed for the intersection with the main north-south drag through Canandaigua, Route 332.
I cruised blithely up the street under the low-clearance railroad-bridge that snags trucks.
The clearance is only 10-feet six-inches.
At the intersection is Canandaigua’s City-Hall, and Ontario County Court House is kitty-corner.
I live in Ontario County; Canandaigua is in Ontario County.
Street-side parking is next to City-Hall on West Ave. The S-10 was headed for that parking.
I waved and gesticulated at the idiot driving the S-10.
He gave me the finger, but stopped to let me go by.
Okay, so the guy misjudged my closing-speed.
Or did he?
I was right on top of him when he started his turn.
Perhaps he hoped I’d stop, but I’m a retired transit-bus driver.
I have experience with idiots. I keep coming.
If he had kept turning, I would have stopped.

• My beloved wife of 44 years died of cancer April 17, 2012. She was 68. I miss her dearly.
• For 16&1/2 years (1977-1993) I drove transit bus for Regional Transit Service (RTS) in Rochester, NY, a public employer, the transit-bus operator in Rochester and its environs. My stroke October 26, 1993 ended that. I retired on medical-disability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home