Sunday, March 28, 2021

Let ‘er talk!

—“I noticed that sometimes I make you really happy.”
I could tell that to one of my pretty lady friends, but I probably won’t since it would ruin our mood.
Burdening our talking to each other with my hoary childhood would make me boring.
Never in a million years will you make a pretty girl happy, Bobby! You are one pathetic loser!”
Let ‘em talk!
Women love talking, especially to some guy not hitting on ‘em.
By encouraging that girl to talk to me, mindless chattering, I tell her I like hearing her pretty voice.
And she likes my liking her pretty voice.
I’ve had it happen; and totally unexpected.
“No pretty lady will talk to you! You are disgusting!”
Let ‘em,
and they don’t walk away.
I learned something from one of my lady friends regarding conversation: Let ‘er talk! Don’t interrupt. By doing so you become friends.
“This guy wants to hear what I say.”
A few months ago a widow-friend told me how she disliked talking with men: their penchant to take over conversations.
I had to break that habit myself; although in my case it was more trying to not be boring = to fill space.
I since learned otherwise. Let ‘em talk! Don’t butt in!
Suddenly I befriend another lady.
Living alone, I conjure up things I might say to my various lady friends.
I meet a lady friend with an agenda in mind. We start talking to each other, and my agenda and conjured conversations are quickly forgotten.
Usually they don’t even come to mind.
I don't mind a bit. I discovered just jabbering with that lady friend is much more pleasant than pushing myself onto her.
Forget your agenda! Just wing it! Pointless yammering about nothing in particular.
It’s not Kierkegaard, but I like it a lot! A female is talking to me — don’t interrupt!
A pleasant exchange of emotions, back-and-forth. She triggers me, then I trigger her. The fact I like listening to her makes me attractive.
I learned just striking up a conversation with a lady can be extremely pleasant.
By so doing I told that lady she attracted me enough to say something to her. And most importantly I’m not hitting on her.
I’m not about to ruin my friendship with that first lady by blasting her with an agenda.
Often that lady friend will begin our conversations herself, often with repeated topics.
But I’m not bored. A pretty girl is talking to me, and I like it.
Let ‘er talk! Don’t interrupt!

Butt in and she’ll stop talking to me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home