Thursday, March 25, 2021

A few months ago I was scared of *****

—“I was hoping you’d be here today,” I said to pretty *****, as she sprung from her workstation deep inside her pharmacy.
That’s telling her I was thrilled to see her, which makes her thrilled I'm thrilled to see her.
“Hi Bob,” she chirped, as she walked toward me.
Goodie! We can talk!”
I’m not used to this, readers. No pretty lady will be happy to see you!” But ***** is happy to see me.
“I realized last night when I first met you at Rite-Aid across the street I never once saw you smile.”
Notice my use of the word “you.” That alone is a major step forward. I’m no longer avoiding *****.
“Over here I see you smile, and it makes me extremely happy. Smiling-***** is the person I prefer.”
BAM! I just told her I liked what I saw — and that was a real “like,” not Facebook.
“You may have something for me,” I said. “But maybe not. The dentist has to call back.”
“When’s your dental appointment?” ***** asked.
“Not until next month,” I said. “I don’t need it right away,”
“That prescription is secondary. What I really came here for,” I said; “was to see you smile.”
I didn’t tell her that, but that was what was happening. A smiling female is gorgeous.
“You can’t see if I’m smiling,” ***** exclaimed. “We’re all wearing these masks!”
“Your eyes tell me,” I said. They were sparkling.
BAM! Did it again.
“You’re much happier here. I see it, and I like it.”
By now we were really striking sparks. It adds up. I make her happy, which makes me happy, which makes her happier still, which makes me happier yet.
“Not long ago I was scared of pretty *****,” I thought to myself as I motored home.
“Glad I stopped,” or “glad I said something,” or “happy to see ya!”
Go ahead! Tell ‘em! Don’t be afraid! They’re gonna like hearing you say that.
My reward is always joy, and if I may say so, just striking up a conversation with a pretty girl pleases her immensely — especially devoid of sexual intent.
So what would my wife think if she were still alive?
My wife was fragile. She’d probably feel threatened by my many joyous female encounters.
I probably wouldn’t do it to avoid hurting her feelings.
The fact she’s no longer around allows me to thoroughly enjoy *****.
And tomorrow it might be some other lady-friend.
But ***** and I sure enjoyed each other today. I love seeing her smile like that. Bring it out! Be thrilled to see her.
Before leaving I came back one more time: “I forgot,” I said, pointing to my left arm. “I got the shot,” I told *****; “vaccinated against COVID-19, at long last.”
Pretty ***** was thrilled:I am so happy for you!” she exclaimed.
“Which vaccine?” she asked.
“Pfizer double-shot,” I said.
“Does your arm hurt or anything?” she asked.
“Nope!” I said; “just like when you gave me the flu shot. Nuthin’!”
As I left I gave her the pearl-of-wisdom: “yer young only once, but can be immature all your life.”
She laughed, and I love seeing her laugh.
“I’m gonna steal that!” she said.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home