Thursday, March 04, 2021

Hangin’ on

—On Wednesday I visit Canandaigua’s YMCA swimming-pool for my aquatic balance-training class.
I hope my friend ***** will be there — she’s been there every Wednesday for weeks.
I hope we meet, and I don’t muck up.
I have another pretty lady friend who like ***** also lifeguards that pool, and I may be developing another, but that lifeguard is young. ***** is 65.
No matter, ***** doesn’t look 65 on her lifeguard stand. She looks late 40s. My other lifeguard friend is 58, although she too doesn’t look her age.
She has two fully grown children, but I guessed she was in her 40s.
***** isn’t gorgeous, but she’s impressive.
I always wonder how I befriended her. I’m hardly a stud, I’m age-77, but we seem to attract each other, probably because we talk.
Although I think only 25% of what I say is worth hearing. With ***** I tend to fall flat.
The other day went pretty good. I had ***** smiling and laughing. I love seeing her laugh.
She let her hair down the other day to let it dry, and I said “leave it that way. I like it!”
I have another lady friend who let her hair down once, and I told her the same thing.
It’s one of the perks of old-age: we geezers can tell a girl she’s pretty.
***** isn’t extremely social. Often her eyes wander. When she smiles at me, with direct eye contact, it’s ravishing.
I got that once, and I admit I’m a sucker for it.
No pretty lady will ever smile at you!”
Some time ago ***** walked outta the locker-room in a blue plaid flannel shirt and slacks. My reaction was “what am I doing hanging out with such an impressive lady?”
Stately and statuesque.
We have a deal, sorta. ***** told me she’d continue showing up, if I didn’t quit aquacise.
“Okay,” I thought to myself. “I’ll keep doing aquacise.”
It may very well be she shows up Wednesday because that’s the day of my aquacise. She doesn’t hafta, plus her lifeguarding is only a retirement gig. She could lifeguard other days.
I always hope I meet *****. We talk and laugh and swap stories. She seems happy to see me; I don’t think she could fake it well.
But mainly it’s that she’s female (GASP), and impressive, which counters no pretty lady will have anything to do with you, Bobby! You are DISGUSTING!”

• RE: “I’ll keep doing aquacise.” Despite continual aquatic balance-training (three years so far), my balance worsens with age.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home