Friday, February 26, 2021

Jealousy?

—The other day I received a video e-mail from an old friend. She long ago co-led the grief-share I attended after my wife died.
I’m always suspicious of e-mails, texts, and Facebook “Messages.” Now even phone-calls can be hacked.
So I’d ask that grief-share friend if it was safe.
Like me she uses Canandaigua’s YMCA swimming-pool. I’m in a class, but she’s isn’t. I see her often, so we remained friends.
I coulda e-mailed her back, but figgered I’d see her at that pool.
That swimming-pool is also where I see my pretty lifeguard friend. We talk and laugh, mainly talk. The fact we’re friends reverses No pretty lady will ever be friends with you!”
Both ladies were at that pool the other day. But my grief-share friend was nearer, so I’d talk to her first.
I walked around the pool edge, and usually I see my lifeguard friend first. It seems we’re happy to see each other.
I think the fact I like her pleases her. Other lady-friends seem similarly pleased.
It’s almost like the fact I like talking to ladies makes me attractive. Plus I don’t hit on ‘em. We talk as equals. They’re likely to say something I wanna hear.
So I started talking to my grief-share friend, and my lifeguard friend looked a little miffed.
Jealousy mayhap? “What’s he talkin’ to her for?”
DREAMIN’!” my critics will shriek. No pretty lady will prefer your company!”
I already have one lady friend who seems jealous I’m attracted to my lifeguard friend.
A lady would desire my company that much?
If I may say so, what ladies like is I’m attracted to ‘em. Plus we talk, and ladies love talking.
This all flies in the face of “No pretty girl will ever associate with you! You are disgusting!”
So how do I continue my friendship with my lifeguard friend?
I have no experience with women whatsoever. I don’t wanna lose that lifeguard friend.
I have a hunch all I can say to her is happy to see ya!” (Which I will be.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home