Saturday, February 27, 2021

On smiling

Classical pianist Mahani Teave of Rapa Nui (Easter Island).

—70 years late Yr Fthfl Srvnt discovers the incredible joy of the female smile.
I’m averse to publishing the names and photographs of women in this blog.
I don’t want some creep stalking some female I identified, especially among my lady-friends, all of whom aren’t public figures.
Hopefully Mahani Teave, a classical pianist from Rapa Nui (Easter Island) is enough of a public figure to publish her name and photograph.
She’s not gorgeous, but her smile is fantastic.
The classical music stream I listen to interviewed Mahani, and also published her photograph (screenshot above).
WOW! She’s not gorgeous, but her smile is incredible.
I get smiles like that among my lady-friends.
Once my pretty lifeguard friend at Canandaigua's YMCA swimming-pool smiled at me, and I will never forget it.
She’s not an easy smiler but she lit up the entire pool area. Total eye-contact with smiling eyes.
No pretty lady will smile at you!” Then POW!
Another female smile I won’t forget is *****, an employee in my supermarket’s produce-department.
She’s a big sturdy girl, who looked like she’d take my head off if I said anything to her.
Instead she turned and smiled at me. The mere fact I said anything to her indicated I liked what I saw.
We were wearing masks, but her eyes twinkled. And she uses those funky black mascara chips on her eyelids.
No matter!
One time I struck up a conversation with a lady on a nearby rail-trail. She wasn’t that pretty; she was probably in her 40s.
But she smiled and smiled and smiled at me. I can still visualize her smile.
Another time I met another lady on a different rail-trail. At least 20 minutes of continuous smiling; our dogs wanted to hunt! She lit up the entire woods!
Finally we stopped talking to each other.
She became embarrassed we were having so much fun just talking it wasn’t fair to her husband, who wasn’t there.
She said she wouldn’t say much to me if we met again. But she did.
“I only have one thing to say here,” I said.
SCREECH! She wanted to hear it — I’d been making her happy.
So every time I fire up this rig I hafta get past Mahani and her ravishing smile.
It’s not easy! Minutes get wasted just loving her smile.
And 70 years late I learn the joyous wonder of the female smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home