Monday, March 08, 2021

Confidence restored

—Yrs Trly’s confidence wilted after watching that video Johnstown newspaper reporter John Rukosky shot interviewing my brother and I down near Altoona.
“Who’s that little old man at left?” I kept asking. “I look like a geezer!
How can a guy so old have so many fabulous lady friends, many of whom are gorgeous?
How am I supposed to radiate confidence if I meet my pretty lifeguard friend Wednesday? She’s impressive, and I’m ancient.
If I’m slightly unconfident, she’ll pick up on it!
I don’t wanna lose her. She counters my childhood.
No pretty lady will smile at you!’ And she does.”
I viewed that video Sunday, and hiked Lehigh Valley RailTrail the next morning.
Icy, but I made it without falling, thanks to YakTrax®. 2.8 miles.
Next would be errands. First drop off old computer monitor at Goodwill, then visit my Honeoye Falls Pharmacy pertaining to COVID-19 vaccination.
“Hi Bob!” pretty ***** chirped as she sprang toward me.
“I don’t think you have anything for me,” I shouted.
Nothing found: ***** didn’t walk away; she came closer so we could talk.
“Any chance you guys could vaccinate me against COVID-19?” I asked her.
“I doubt it,” she said. “We’re not a chain.”
“I don’t wanna go across the street,” I wailed. “You and I are friends.”
And so it continued: talk-talk-talk-talkity-talk.
“Did you get that little piece of paper with my blog link?” I asked.
“Yes,” she said.
“Did your little boy hit the link?” I asked.
“Yes, and he was thrilled,” she said. “Train pictures galore!”
Confidence restored thanks to pretty *****. Direct contact with her pretty blue eyes, and smiling under our masks.
Yes, she’s a girl: GUILTY-AS-CHARGED! “No pretty girl will ever strike sparks with you, Bobby!”
Yet “happy to see ya,” and she’s happy to see me.
“What matters to women,” my cleaning-lady said; “is not your age, or the studly thing. What makes you attractive is you wanna talk, and you’re not creepy.”
“So thank you pretty *****. I walk into your store, and you’re happy to see me.

• Not long ago I hit ***** a little too hard = hittin’ on her, so to speak. How do I reverse that? Next visit “happy to see ya,” I said. “Let’s talk!” she said. Friendship restored = all is forgiven!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home