Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Sorry, readers

—“Wait a minute!” I shouted to the cutest employee of my pet-supply.
“You can’t just walk away without my saying hello.”
10 years ago I’da thought she was running away from me. But now I don’t think that any more.
She screeched to a halt, and turned toward me. (She was wearing a mask.)
This girl is extremely cute. Flashing eyes, and a smile that lights the store. (Hidden of course.)
Sorry, readers; I'm amazed! Cutie-pie wants me to flirt. 10 years ago I wouldna said anything.
“Where’s your partner?” she asked.
“I’d bring him in here if I could,” I said. “No more Kershaw with this COVID-19 thingy. Too many people, and they all wanna pet the dog.”
“Well it sure is nice seeing you again.” Her eyes were smiling.
I paused a second, then “you too,” I said.
(10 years ago I couldna done that!)
She loved it! I made her feel good.
“Get the endorphins flowing,” a lady-friend once told me.
To me that’s flirting, although someone told me verbal communication between sexes is evil only to the holier-than-thou’s.
I do it anyway, much to the angry chagrin of my Bible-beating parents and neighbor Sunday-School superintendent.
It’s too much fun, especially making a cutie-pie laugh.
That was last Saturday. Fast-forward to last Monday, May 4th.
I had a Physical-Therapy appointment at 1:30 p.m. I’d leave my dog at the kennel that boards my dog when I go away. They also daycare my dog when I have appointments.
That kennel is owned by two pretty ladies, both in their middle 40s. One is very cute, and they both seem to like my showing up, probably because I make ‘em laugh. (“You’re funny!”)
Due to COVID-19 that kennel is closed, but they still want me to show up.
I pulled in and the cute one was at the door waving at me.
“Hi handsome!” she yelled, as I got outta my car.
“Who me or the dog?” I asked.
“Both,” she said.
“Hi cutie-pie!” I shouted. “Where else can I get away with something like that.”
Laugh-laugh-laugh-laugh! Snide remarks and wisecracks galore!
She eats it up!
10 years ago I wouldna said anything, and she neither. I made her laugh a while ago, and that's all it took.
Now I talk with cutie-pie.
My silly dog helped: Oh what a pretty dog!” Followed by “here I am talking to a pretty girl.”
It happened so often I got used to it. Now I’m starting conversations myself: e.g. “You can’t leave without me saying hello.”
Some call it “flirting,” but really it’s make ‘em laugh (or smile).
The fact someone with MY childhood can attract lady-friends, even pretty ones, amazes me.

• “Kershaw” is a public park north of Canandaigua lake in nearby Canandaigua. (I hook the pet-supply with a dog-walk at Kershaw Park — they allow dogs in the store.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

More importantly, how does it make you feel??!! After all you are a customer and I'm sure you pay them well, why would they treat you poorly. They seem to go with the flow and enjoy what they do. And you certainly enjoy your dog. They give so much --I know that because I have one. He's a charmer forsure.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home