Thursday, August 15, 2019

“Ka-bloo-ey!”

“There it goes again,” I yelled.
Every time I tried to crank my Google-account password into Safari it quit.
Three times in a row, and as I recall, the same thing happened a few weeks ago.
“Do you wanna make Safari your default Internet browser?”
“No way José! Not when you keep bombing all the time,” I exclaimed.
Apple’s Safari is one of two Internet browsers I have on this machine. My other is Firefox 68.0.1. It’s default.
I been using Firefox for years, ever since a friend suggested it. His was Windoze PC, mine is MAC.
He no longer is a friend. He become angry when I had the awful temerity, unmitigated gall, and horrific audacity (cue Sharpton) to suggest I no longer was the wuss I was in college. (He was a classmate.)
And now Facebook, in its infinite wisdom, apparently walked away from Firefox. Unannounced of course. Firefox isn’t Internet-Explorer or Safari, the two computer-company heavies. It’s independent. (Gasp!)
Facebook stopped working under Firefox. I couldn’t post anything, etc.
So I fired up Safari, which I previously never used. I copy/pasted my Facebook address from Firefox to Safari. Facebook worked under that.
“Thank you Mark!” My brother in DE suggested this, not Facebook; they never announce anything.
I was attempting a BlogSpot search on their edit-page. (This blog is BlogSpot.) Firefox of course, and something was wrong. I couldn’t scroll back to 2012. Usually I can.
So I fired up Safari to try my BlogSpot search there.
ZOINK! My Safari isn’t Google-savvy. Google-account password wanted.
I happen to have all my passwords in a small notebook. Every time I started to enter it: Ka-bloo-ey! Safari quit.
Fat lotta help Safari is. I use it for Facebook, or when Firefox fails — which is hardly ever.
So, what do I do?
I tried force-quitting Firefox, then fired it up again. I can force-quit an app with MAC OS-X.
Back in business; the scroll-function now worked.
“Do you wanna make Safari your default Internet browser?”
NOT YET! Gotta not bomb, and be as pleasant to use as Firefox.”

• “Windoze” is Microsoft Windows®. The scuttlebutt among Apple-geeks is that Microsoft is inferior. My siblings all use Microsoft Windows computers, but since I use an Apple Macintosh, I’m stupid and disgusting. (Jesus uses a Windows PC.)
• “Mark” is Mark Zuckerberg, head-honcho of Facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home