Monday, July 29, 2019

Make ‘em laugh-2

(“2” because I may have titled a previous blog “Make ‘em laugh.”)

“Do I dare ask this or not?” I said.
“Uh-oh,” said the cute co-owner at the kennel where I daycare my dog.
Herewith the wildest flirt I ever did.
“I heard you suggest our going out for coffee some day.”
“Coffee?”
“US,” I said. “But not just you and me. Everyone who laughs at me when I appear.
Nuthin’ I’d like more than to waltz into that restaurant with four ladies draped all over me.”
“Look at that, Frank. What’s that old geezer doing with all them ladies? They’re hangin’ all over him! What’s his secret?”
“I’ll tell ya the secret,” I’d say. “Make ‘em laugh! Do that and they hang all over you!”
Every time I walk into that kennel, the wisecracks begin. “How ya doin’, sexpot!” I ask the cute one.
Another co-owner calls me “stud-muffin.”
They never charge me to daycare my dog. “This is a business,” I say. “Here’s five bucks and SHADDUP! It’s like the cost of daycareing my dog is to make you all laugh; which I apparently do very well.”
Ten years ago I woulda never said anything to that lady. Them days are gone.
Since my wife died I discovered my hyper-religious parents, et al, were WRONG.
They, among other zealots, marked me for life. My beloved wife had to die for me to see it.
A wild flirt I never woulda done, and it succeeded.
Make ‘em laugh, and you attract ‘em like flies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home