Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Again Goodwill

“Now why did I come here?” I said to the Goodwill-lady in Honeoye Falls.
She was ecstatic I came with Killian, my rescue Irish Setter, after walking him at a park.
The Honeoye Falls Goodwill-lady is clearly a dog-person. Killian is gorgeous and nutso = BOINK! SLAM! “Bark-bark-bark” followed by “PET ME!”
“Here, lemme see if I can get him outta my car,” I said.
I opened the door and collared him; I use an Easy-Walk® harness. It attaches to his chest.
The lady noticed. “There is no way I could walk this dog without that harness,” I said.
I handed her Killian. She was obviously thrilled.
“You made my day!”
she shouted.
“So why did I come here?” I asked.
“All I have is this tattered old shirt,” I said.
“You told me yer no good at huggy-poo,” she said; “but I am.” She gave me a gigantic hug. Next time I will try.
“I was in the habit of feeling like I was falling apart,” I commented.
Yer a spring-chicken!” she shouted. “Killian is gonna keep you young.”
“The other day a pretty young girl at Kershaw Park told me I didn’t look 74.”
Silver hair and beard, outta shape, knee replacement, lousy balance. “If you say so; I ain’t done yet.”
I returned Killian to my car, and the Goodwill-lady skipped back into her contribution-center, bouncing at her computer-screen.
If me and Killian can thrill her that much, “We’ll be Bach,” as the Terminator used to snarl.
Me and Killian seem to get that a lot.

• “Kershaw Park” is at the north end of Canandaigua lake. I try to take Killian there once per week, since it has so many more distractions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home