Saturday, December 03, 2016

Faire ***** crosses the street

(No names here; I don’t wanna get sued, nor let readers hit on this girl.*)
“Wait just one cotton-pickin’ minute,” I said to pretty ***** behind the counter at the new pharmacy in a supermarket I use.
(What ever happened to corner drug-stores, now that every supermarket hasta have a pharmacy?)
“Whadja do?” I asked. “Cross the street from your old pharmacy to this new pharmacy?”
“Wanna join me?” she asked.
“I know this girl,” I said to others checkin’ the place out. “Not too long ago she gave me a tetanus-shot at her previous pharmacy.”
“Depends,” I answered. “Perhaps the main reason I patronized the old pharmacy was because it has a drive-up.
My dog knew where she was, so I always took her.”
“I know where I am. Let’s get hopping. I’m entitled to a treat. Hup-hup!”
“I’ll switch if you can guarantee a dog-treat.
The hitch is you guys don’t have a drive-up. My silly dog equates all drive-ups with a treat — including banks.”
The girl is no more than 29. Pretty, but a little heavy on the eye makeup.
My wife, now gone, didn’t use it. I didn’t think she needed it, plus I’m sorta against it.
She mighta been by herself; that is, she was the pharmacist.
If so, “congratulations.”
“Ya walked away of national-brand store.
I bet working for them was madness. Sanctimonious jerks asserting their rank.”
I dealt with this myself, especially driving transit bus.
Once I walked into my employer’s mechanical department to report a bus that wouldn’t brake.
“I almost hit a guy! Full 100-pound application, and after maybe six seconds the brakes began to apply. Ya cover a lotta ground over six seconds at 50 mph.”
“Who are you?” I was asked. “Yer just a driver!”
“Yeah, and you’ll fire me if I crack up with lousy equipment. I blow 15 minutes to report lousy equipment, and ya pull rank!”
I had to walk out of the supermarket without switching to her new pharmacy. Not enough time.
The girl noticed. I think she was pleased I remembered her.
I’ll probably switch. -A) Nationally-branded companies can be ridiculous, -B) I doubt my dog will miss that drive-up: “A treat? Yippee;” CHOMP, and -C) I want faire ***** to know I’m with her; walking away from a nationally-branded company is worthwhile.
What I dread most is the possibility her pharmacy may bomb, and she’ll get the blame.
Or Wegmans will set up in that vacant lot across the street and put that supermarket outta business.

* None of my local friends are lechers. They’re the ones I e-mail blog-links to = my readers. As far as I know, this blog goes out over the Internet, so can be accessed all over the planet. I don’t want some prevert from Californy hittin’ on this girl.
• Wegmans is a large supermarket-chain based in Rochester where I often buy groceries. They have stores all over the Rochester area, and are even expanding in the east-coast megalopolis. But no store in my area — yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home