Tuesday, May 19, 2015

TIMBER!

Yet another tree falls in the forest, to satisfy Amazon’s incredible demand for paper.
All I’m trying to do is order a case of “If You Care” chlorine-free baking cups, what I make my muffins in.
And Amazon is showing me 89 bazilyun purchase-suggestions.
I generally don’t print e-mails, but do if it’s a receipt.
Amazon’s e-mail used four sheets of paper, that on top of four sheets to print its order-confirmation, most of which was purchase-suggestions.
They’re also running me out of printer-ink, and the stuff costs a fortune.
Years ago I ordered a book by Brock Yates on Enzo Ferrari. I had been recommended it. Yates is a founding editor of Car & Driver Magazine.
I ordered it used from Amazon, and got a little-used book from a library in New Mexico.
There were at least six books about Enzo Ferrari in the purchase-suggestions. One is enough; in fact, I had to give up reading it because it was boring. It detailed every race the Ferrari team ever entered.
I get e-mails from an organization opposed to the National Security Agency, and its desire to extend and strengthen the Patriot Act.
I usually just trash these, but in this case I fired back. “The NSA and the government are bozos. What I’m more concerned about is Google, Amazon and Facebook.”
That’s just wonderful! Amazon thinks because I ordered “If You Care” baking-cups, I might want everything “If You Care” makes, parchment paper, etc.
Plus every Ferrari book ever written.
Amazon is also showering me with dog suggestions. All because I get my dog-food with their “subscribe-and-save.”
Used to be they allowed you to cancel an order, and/or edit your “subscribe-and-save.” One bag of dog-food per month was too much. I was swimming in dog-food.
I wanted to change to one every two months, but had to poke around. It wasn’t easy. Once you set your “subscribe-and-save” it’s set in stone. You get deluged with dog-food.
A friend tell tells me about Pamper overload thanks to Amazon’s “subscribe-and-save.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home