Monday, December 15, 2014

Online-ordering follies

The other night (probably Saturday, December 13th, 2014) I ordered some dog-treats online.
They wanted a log-in, so since I use this site often, I provided an account and password long ago. It saves time because an account fills in my info automatically, sometimes even my payment method. —I try to use PayPal.
Their site is a bit difficult to process, but since I’ve done it often, I know what to expect.
I already searched the product from their home-page, and “added-to-cart.”
Now I wanted to order.
To do so, first I gotta log in.
Log-in takes me back to their home-page. From that I can order from “view-cart.”
From “view-cart” I clicked “order,” and that fires up my address and pay thingy, already filled in.
We jumped back-and-forth all over their site, but I successfully ordered. I usually ask “who designed this thing?”
I then print my order, and e-mails from them and PayPal.
The store then sends me an e-mail when they ship. I don’t print that, just keep it until I get my stuff.
It will be shipped UPS, so UPS sends me an e-mail.
They want me to set up an account? Are they kidding? I gotta set up an account just to track a shipment?
PASS! They just wanna sell my account-info to the targeted-marketing firms. After which I get inundated with “dirty-old-man” junk. Scotch your credit debt, get your online doctorate, refinance your mortgage so you can buy that Corvette you always wanted.
I gotta set up an account just to track a shipment?
Forget-it UPS. I ain’t desperate!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home