Sunday, June 02, 2013

Am I the only one?

Am I the only user of my bank’s online bill-pay?
I think not when my confirmation-numbers are in the teens.
This tells me someone else used the system to set up bill-pays ahead of me.
But on the other hand......
I fired up my bank’s website, and then fired up their online bill-pay website. I then fired up my “scheduled bill-pays.”
Interesting......
I set up a bill-pay a few weeks ago, then another a few days ago. They have consecutive confirmation-numbers.
Um, did anyone else set up an online bill-pay between my two when over two weeks passed?
I have other online bill-pay options, like having the payee automatically charge my account.
I don’t like that. That’s not me initiating the bill-pay.
I don’t like it after what my friend Marcy told me about the automatic charges to her checking-account to pay off her college loan.
Her creditor went bonkers, multiple mistaken charges per month instead of one, which cleaned out her account and she started getting unexpected overdraft penalties.
That’s not her mistake, that’s the creditor. And try to get that corrected with some service-rep in India whose command of English is little more than “I’m deeply sorry.”
Nope! PASS!
That ain’t hap’nin’ to the Keed.
Only I initiate the bill-pays. If anyone fouls up, it’s me.
Which I guess is why some folks continue to pay bills by check.
They’re initiating the bill-pay instead of the payee.
But sending checks is a pain.
Plus there’s postage.
Electronic fund-transfer makes sense.
Online bill-pay is attractive to me.
But only if I initiate the bill-pay, not the payee.
That’s like walkin’ into a car-dealer where a sign tells you to turn over your checking account number and/or credit-cards.
Nope! Ain’t doin’ it! I’d turn around and walk out.

• The Keed” is me, Bobbalew, Bob Hughes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home