Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hacked?

Facebook, in its infinite wisdom, emailed me an alien computer in Georgia had accessed my Facebook; that is, not this here laptop.
Was it me? Did I recognize the ‘pyooter?
I only access Facebook with this laptop. My SmartPhone always wants a login. That never works! I guess I’m using the wrong password. This laptop has memorized it (I’m permanently logged in). I also have it on a local sticky-note.
They “locked” my Facebook, which meant I couldn’t access it.
Not that I ever do much with Facebook. Were it not for their email, I’d never know they “locked” it.
I was led into a link-generated maze.
Was the ‘pyooter in Georgia me? Well of course not. I haven’t left this area in over a year. Only a couple trips to Altoona, PA, to chase trains. —I’m a railfan, and have been since age-2 (I’m 69).
Ho-hummm! Wherein is my Facebook of any value?
There is no bank-account information or Social-Security number.
My birthday is February 5th, I graduated Brandywine High-School and Houghton College (“HO-tin;” not “how” or “who”), and like Bach and “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” and “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance,” zippity-doo!
Well, I guess someone could steal my Facebook to perform dirty-deeds under my name.
A news-report about such activity surfaced recently.
Some ne’er-do-well issuing terrorist threats under the imprimatur of a stolen Facebook.
In which case the local police SWAT-team storms my house, throws me in jail, and confiscates this laptop.
Until Facebook notifies them my Facebook was hacked. At which point the all-knowing authorities release me saying they’re deeply sorry for tossing me in the slammer.
Since it was my Facebook, I became a “person of interest.” Not charged, but in the slammer. This is America, damn-it, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave!”
“I nearly gave my life on the beaches at Normandy protecting your right to free speech, so you better shut up!”
I don’t even know if “hack” is the right terminology.
Except “hack” was in Facebook’s email link.
Well, back to good old Facebook.
My Facebook was “unlocked” when I clicked I didn’t recognize the ‘pyooter in Georgia.
So back to the silly inanities I have no attraction to; the “burps” and “farts” and “U go gurl.”
The balloon-boobed lassies trumpeting interest-rate reduction.

• “‘Pyooter” is computer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home