Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stupid me

The illustration of my new car I used in yesterday’s blog is not what I intended.
I returned home Tuesday afternoon, after getting it washed, then parked outside in the sun for a photograph.
That was the illustration I was going to use, but my camera wouldn’t shoot.
So I used a photo I had already uploaded to PhotoBucket, my blog-image source.
That picture was disconcerting. It was more appropriate to the blog it went with, the view in my garage with both cars gone, the cars my wife and I drove.
My beloved wife of over 44 years died of cancer almost one year ago. At the time she was 68. I miss her dearly. (I’m now 69.)
So, NOW WHAT? My camera’s not working.
Not the first time. It didn’t work the other day when I wanted to shoot a flash-picture of my dog chewing her deer-antler.
Deer-antlers are much safer than bones. Bones splinter. Deer-antlers don’t. My dog is thrilled with her deer-antler.
I was gonna blog it.
So much for that! So much for a new-car picture.
I called Rowe Photographic (as in “ow;” now “row-EEEE”) in Rochester (NY), where I bought my camera, a Nikon D7000.
They deferred and had me call Nikon Tech-Support.
Nikon wondered what memory-card I was using. My card was “Performance,” not one of their recommended chips.
So, plan long-ass trip to Rowe Photographic to buy a correct card.
Nikon promised to e-mail me a list of their recommended memory-chips, but never did.
I Googled Nikon’s recommended chips.
Rowe Photographic is at least 45/50 minutes from my house. I figured my dog could stand it.
I was gonna take the dog to the park this morning (Wednesday, April 10th, 2013) and hit Rowe afterward, but it was raining, so no park.
At Rowe I went in and a kindly gentleman looked at my camera.
“We gotta get back in business,” I said.
He poked around, and noticed my shooting-option was set at “remote.”
That way it only shoots “remote;” otherwise it won’t shoot.
He switched it back to “single;” my camera will shoot single shots, low-speed multiple shots, high-speed multiple shots, and “remotely.” —I rarely shoot other than “single,” although “remote” sounds interesting.
Problem solved: simple fix = stupid me.
“I didn’t think of that,” I cried.
“Too many buttons,” the clerk said. “How about a single ‘on-off’ switch?”
Back in business.
I tested outside before leaving.
I could try again, but -a) the car has to look just washed, and -b) it has to be sunny.
I probably won’t bother. Once published, a blog is quickly forgotten. On to my next.
Why change if it’s already been viewed?

• My current dog is “Scarlett” (two “Ts,” as in Scarlett O’Hara), a rescue Irish-Setter. She’s seven, and is my sixth Irish-Setter, a high-energy dog. (A “rescue Irish Setter” is an Irish Setter rescued from a bad home; e.g. abusive or a puppy-mill. [Scarlett was from a failed backyard breeder.] By getting a rescue-dog, we avoid puppydom, but the dog is often messed up. —Scarlett isn't bad. She’s my fourth rescue.)
• “The park” is nearby Boughton (“BOW-tin” as in “wow”) Park, where I walk my dog. It’s a fairly-large town park in East Bloomfield. I live in the small rural town of West Bloomfield, southeast of Rochester. (West Bloomfield is one of the three towns that own and administer the park.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home