Thursday, September 13, 2012

Yet again

Yesterday (Wednesday, September 12, 2012) another attempt to get my motorcycle inspected crashed mightily in flames.
A number of things were in the way, like -a) a segment of my lawn needed mowing, -b) the grief-share I attend since my wife died is on Wednesdays, which closes things off at 4 p.m. so I can walk the dog before abandoning her in my house.
I do so loose, with the dog in my backyard. It takes about 20-25 minutes to march around our property (4.7 acres, much of it fenced).
The dog returned with a surfeit of burrs, which meant deburring. I got many out, perhaps most, but not all.
I had to walk away so I could drive to the grief-share. The trip takes about a half-hour each way.
I’d have to remove the remaining burrs when I returned.
But I’d say the main impediment to getting my motorcycle inspected is lack of gumption.
I have no confidence at all. It seems to have vaporized with my wife’s death.
Even before my wife died, I wasn’t that good about getting my motorcycle inspected.
Having it seems pointless. I hardly ride it at all.
About all I did years ago was ride it to work.
Now that I’m retired I no longer have reason to ride it.
I’m not into pleasure-riding. Pleasure is in writing these blogs.
I should probably sell it, and probably will eventually, but for now I have no gumption to do so.
It’s like still owning the two cars we had before my wife died.
Two cars seem silly. I had decided if my wife died I’d trade both cars for a single newer car.
My Honda CR-V is 2003. My Toyota Sienna All-Wheel-Drive minivan is 2005.
That’s two cars to maintain, insure, and keep in gas.
For one person one car should do.
And the car-problem is just one of many. But I don’t currently have the gumption to consummate the transaction.
I have a surfeit of unused garden-tools in my shed: two tillers, a small walk-behind mower, and two weed-whackers.
I have lots of items to go in a yard-sale.
I also have a motorcycle that needs to be inspected.
It’ll probably sit another year, although I may be able to get it inspected Friday, September 14.
Although rain is predicted, and a segment of lawn needs mowing.
I’m running out of time. September is bearable, but October is often too cold.
Concerning my cars, the grief-share advice is to avoid heavy financial transactions for at least a year, like you won’t think properly following the death of a loved-one.
Well okay, but two cars for one driver seem silly.
A grief-share compatriot tells me she still owns four cars.

• My beloved wife of over 44 years died of cancer April 17, 2012. Like me she was 68. I miss her dearly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home