Friday, July 27, 2012

The new normal

My grief-share talks about attaining “the new normal.” Normality since my wife died.
I guess that’s what’s happening, though messy.
I do laundry and fold clothes, feed myself, do and put away dishes (a dishwasher), and make my bed every day.
These are things my wife used to do.
But it can get messy, especially feeding myself.
Preparing my meals is scattershot.
Last night (Thursday, July 26) I forgot to turn on the oven even though I set the oven-timer. —An additional hour got blown doing everything over.
For the moment my “normal” is tiny.
I barely exist.
I feel I can’t get sick, nor my dog.
Problems got fielded, but they were very depressing and mind-blowing.
My landline quit, and my lawnmower gave me problems during May, when mowing is extreme.
Infernal Revenue notified me I owed them $23,000!
Everything has been fixed, but I was in the ozone doing so.

• My beloved wife of 44 years died of cancer April 17, 2012. She was 68. I miss her dearly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home