Friday, February 25, 2011

Wrastling with power-hungry Google

“Why is it every time I try to get my GMail, Google insists I set up a Google-account?
I already have one; in fact, I already have a GMail account I never can get to......”
Probably about the fourth try, this time with “GMail” typed directly into the web-address.
“First you must set up a Google-account.”
“All righty; so be it!”
I set up yet another Google-account, my third.
After a lot of horsing around I finally got my GMail.
Three e-mails from the so-called “GMail team.”
I deleted ‘em all; just welcomes and invitations to add bells-and-whistles.
“What a struggle,” I said. “I don’t have three hours to do all this horsing around.”
I thereafter set about to make a correction to a BlogSpot blog.
BlogSpot is also a Google function, and occasionally requires me to log in with my Google-account.
This was one of those times.
I did what I usually do, and it threw me out.
“Invalid password!”
“For heaven sake! That’s the same password I’ve always used.”
It also insisted on capitalizing the first letter of my user-name, a no-no.
“These clowns want me to have separate Google-accounts for BlogSpot, my laptop, and my Droid-X smartphone.” (I had to set up GMail to purchase the Droid. Apparently Droid is a Google operating-system.)
“Do they have any idea how silly that is?”
I gave up. Back to e-mail via RoadRunner, as in the past.
Leave well-enough alone.
And on-the-road I can do e-mail via RoadRunner web-mail.
I don’t need GMail.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home