Sunday, July 11, 2010

“I’m so sorry” times 10

Yrs trly had to finally give up and call the Zappos 800-number.
“Zappos” is an online seller of shoes, clothing, and assorted paraphernalia, e.g. purses. —I guess they’re based in Nevada.
Most times I buy things online. I’ve had fair success at it.
I’ve online-ordered from Zappos before.
I was ordering the Asics running-shoes pictured above.
Got as far as “check-out” without log-in.
Then I hit the PayPal button.
ANOMALY ALERT!
No order confirmation.
Oh well, if the order processed I get an e-mail.
My e-mail program was on.
Deafening silence.
Order e-mails are not always immediate, so I guess I’ll go mow lawn.
Back about four hours later; still nothing.
No sense wrastling with it. I’ve had stuff double-order too.
“Welcome to Zappos. How can I help you sir?”
“I tried to order online, and got sent into the ozone.”
“Your e-mail?
I’m so sorry. Your order didn’t process, sir. We’ve had problems with PayPal, but I can’t do it PayPal. I’m so sorry.”
I got the feeling the girl was prompted to begin every sentence with “I’m so sorry.”
She was begging forgiveness for sins not committed. She wasn’t making sense.
Her every response began with “I’m so sorry.”
Order completed “I’ve ordered from you guys before,” I said.
“You have? I’m so sorry. What e-mail was that?”
“Try ????????????@MyWay.com”
“Yes, there you are. I’m so sorry. So you’re no longer using that e-mail?”
“Nope.”
“I’ll upgrade your account to your new e-mail (that’s an upgrade?); and for your trouble I’ll upgrade you to VIP status.”
“Zippity-doo,” I said.
“I’m so sorry,” she said.
“And you’ll get an e-mail.”
So far, NOTHING!

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Z said...

Hello Sir,

My name is Eric and I wanted to follow up with you about this situation. When an order is placed on Zappos we immediately send an email confirmation and you will also be able to see the order in your online order history. If you're not receiving any emails from Zappos you email service might be filtering them.

If the order did not go through you haven't been charged anything. If you'd like assistance placing an order with Paypal you're welcome to call us at 1-800-927-7671 and we'll be happy to help you through the process because we want you to be able to place an order.

10:47 AM  
Blogger BobbaLew said...

I’ve ordered from Zappos before, using PayPal, and got an e-mail confirmation.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home