Thursday, May 06, 2010

Yada-yada-yada-yada-yada!

Last night (Wednesday, May 5, 2010) it was pushing 8:30.
We were preparing supper, late as usual, due to dog-walking, flag removal, closing the garden-gate, etc.
The phone rang.
It was our landline provider.
“No, we don't use our landline for long-distance. We use our cellphones,” my wife said.
“Yada-yada-yada-yada-yada!” So loud I could hear it via the faraway earpiece.
“Greatest recession in years. We have to cut costs. We can do that!”
“Cable,” my wife said when asked.
“We offer DSL Internet at substantial savings,” the telamarketer screamed.
“I'm sorry, I can't listen now,” my wife said. “We're preparing supper.”
“YADA-YADA-YADA-YADA-YADA!” Volume increased.
Finally, ker-CLICK! She hit the disengage button.
“I don't know about this stuff,” my wife said to me.
“I probably woulda hung up earlier,” I said.
Sometimes diplomacy doesn't work.
“What I shoulda said, but forgot,” my wife said; “was 'we bought into one of your plans that was supposed to save us money, but it cost more.
We had to go back to our old plan.'”

• “We” is me and my wife of 42+ years, “Linda.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home