Thursday, May 13, 2010

We Liberals can count!

The new Conservative Prime Minister of Britain, David Cameron, stepped to a podium at 10 Downing St.
He started bouncing up-and-down on his toes, as speakers do when trumpeting.
“This administration will be motivated by three things,” he said.
He then listed four things.
Perish-the-thought, we Liberals (dread) can count.
Perhaps Cameron was inspired by the previous American administration.
I can't remember where I heard this, but it couldn't have been at the Canandaigua YMCA.
The TVs in their Exercise Gym are closed-captioned, no sound.
I heard this with sound.

• I work out in the Canandaigua YMCA exercise-gym. (“Canandaigua” [“cannon-DAY-gwuh”] is a small city to the east nearby where we live in Western NY. The city is also within a rural town called “Canandaigua.” The name is Indian, and means “Chosen Spot.” It’s about 15 miles away. —We live in the small rural town of West Bloomfield in Western NY, southeast of Rochester.)
• Since I'm a Democrat, I'm a “Liberal.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home