Monday, March 09, 2009

“Praise God from whom all blessings flow......”

I’m at the vaunted Canandaigua YMCA to work out in the exercise gym.
It’s Monday, March 9, 2009.
I’m in the john-booth of the Mens Locker-Room, in preparation to go downstairs to the exercise gym.
Adjacent to the john-booth is a small sink and mirror.
An older gentleman, probably in his 70s, is shaving.
Suddenly, “Praise God from whom all blessings flow......”
“Oh, for crying out loud,” I think. “The poor guy’s cellphone is ringing.”
Sure enough, “Hullo......”
“Oh hi Margaret. No, I’m at the YMCA and I just came outta the shower. Can ya call back in about 15 minutes?”
I step outta the john, and say “If there’s one thing I hate about cellphones, it’s how they always fire off when you’re in the bathroom. One time I’m in Porta-John, and my cellphone fires off.”
“Yep; maybe I shoulda told her I was buck-naked.”
“That’s the future,” I said. “Camera-phones are coming.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home