Saturday, October 25, 2008

RE: Sarah Palin

My old friend Frank Falzone (“Fowl-ZONE”), the Business-Agent of Local 282 of the nationwide Amalgamated Transit Union (“What’s ‘Ah-Two?’”), my old bus-union at Transit, and his wife walk into a Sears store.
They head into the Appliance Department, where four vipers are lying in wait.
“We’re not buying anything,” Frank declares; so the four go back to discussing the upcoming presidential election.
“So what do you think of Sarah Palin?” one asks Frank.
“Don’t know as I should say anything,” Frank says.
“Oh, go ahead, honey,” his wife says.
“Well, she seems kind of ditzy,” Frank says.
Frank made other comments, but I think “ditzy” was his best.

At this point we’ll trot out Colin Powell.
Powell dissed his old friend John McCain because of Sarah.
“I don’t think she’s ready to be president,” Powell said.
“This makes me wonder about McCain,” my wife adds.
“Do we want a president that would pick Sarah Palin to be his running-mate?”
“It was a cheap sellout that won’t work. Women aren’t that stupid.”
“A flute concerto may bore the Chinese, but it won’t sway ‘em. World politics isn’t a cheerleading competition.”

  • “Transit” equals Regional Transit Service, the transit-bus operator in Rochester, NY, where I drove transit-bus for 16&1/2 years (1977-1993).
  • “What’s ‘ah-two?’” is something my mother asked seeing my ATU (Amalgamated Transit Union) button.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home