Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Another year bites the dust

The Keed with the dreaded D100 and the 18mm wide-angle.
Another year bites the dust.
Yesterday (Monday, October 22, 2007) I completed the fall rototilling of the garden (pictured).
I think the garden has been rototilled almost every year since the stroke.
Maybe not the first year, but every year since.
Fall rototilling has been intermittent. Often the snow flies before I can get to it. (This time it was 80 degrees; thank ya, Dubya.)
But spring has been consistent; sometimes May, other times not until June.
And a couple years ago my physical condition was a detriment.
The common misconception is that rototilling is exertion; but only a little.
An internal-combustion engine is doing most of the work. All you’re really doing is holding it back, and horsing it around some.
Nevertheless a few years ago I’d have to take a nap when finished.
Yesterday I didn’t need to.
A few years ago I was always up against feeling sick doing things.
But not any more.
I also am in better shape — the YMCA and running. In the past 1.5 years I’ve worked off 20-30 pounds.
And a few years ago the transfer-case to the tiller-tines was leaking. I had that fixed. Hasn’t leaked since.

  • I had a stroke October 26, 1993.
  • “Dubya” is our president: George Dubya Bush. I blame him for global warming, much to the dismay of my siblings, who are rather vocal about him being the greatest president ever.
  • Two years ago I was experiencing dizzy-spells, but am not any more. They’re why I retired.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home