Saturday, October 20, 2007

Gates alert

The Keed with the dreaded D100.
Our RAZR cellphones.
Our fantabulous Verizon Motorola RAZR cellphones (pictured) have an annoying habit of turning themselves on when the battery-charger is disconnected.
Our old cellphones, which were far more exasperating and irksome than the RAZRs, did that occasionally, but the RAZRs do it more often.
Of course, you don’t know it’s happening until you’ve walked away, since there’s almost a 15-second delay between initial start-up and the chimes.
No biggie; just walk back and turn the little dear off, but the chimes never fail to prompt an “oh, for crying out loud.”
Every time they do, I think an ex-Microsoft employee must have programed it.
They aren’t supposed to come on when you disconnect the charger. They’re also supposed to shut off when you hit the kill-button; but I had to pull the battery once. The little dear was royally hung.
Nevertheless, I think the world of these RAZRs.
Keys bigger than matchheads, and a display I can actually see outdoors.
And they’re just like landlines, although you have to have the earpiece in the proper location.
At least I don’t have to have the speakerphone on to hear the little dear. With the old cellphones I did.
Of course, with Linda’s mother ya didn’t need the speakerphone.
The RAZRs are iteration number-four. First were the pop-tarts, second was the stick-of-butter, third (and most recent) were the flip-phones, and now the RAZRs.

  • “I think an ex-Microsoft employee must have programed it” and “Gates-alert” are pot-shots against all my PC-using siblings, who loudly claim the MAC platform, which I use, is vastly inferior. (“Gates” is Bill Gates, head of Microsoft.)
  • “Linda” is my wife of nearly 40 years. Her 91-year-old mother lives alone in a retirement-center in De Land, Floridy.

    Labels:

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home