Thursday, October 18, 2007

Amazing

“Must be our ISP is working,” Linda said.
I managed to complete an entire prescription-renewal with Rite-Aid Pharmacy’s telephone renewal machine in Honeoye Falls — without drama or insanity.
No sent to the ozone; no “naughty-naughty; you’re not keying fast enough;” no turgid Granny-messages to “please leave a message after the tone.”
No unexplained hairballs like their vaunted machine leaving off my area-code.
Far as I know, renewal of a prescription over the telephone doesn’t involve the Internet or a ‘pyooter.
But the almighty Bluster-King knows far better than little old me.
All hairballs of any kind are caused by my ISP.

  • RE: “Must be our ISP is working...........” ISP equals Internet-Service-Provider; in our case RoadRunner via the cable. In July my macho, blowhard brother-from-Boston visited, and set up a wireless Internet connection to my router. His Internet connection was spotty, so he loudly blamed our Internet-Service-Provider (ISP). Now anything untoward is due to my ISP.
  • “Linda” is my wife of nearly 40 years.
  • RE: “Granny-messages to ‘please leave a message after the tone........’” are fallback instructions for oldsters (e.g. “Granny”) unable to deal with new technology. My mother-in-law won’t even leave a message.
  • “The almighty Bluster-King” is my macho, loudmouthed brother-from-Boston, who noisily badmouths everything I do or say.

    Labels:

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home