Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ruminations........

  • Okay, Peg........
    I departed the vaunted Canandaigua YMCA yesterday (Monday, February 26, 2007) and noticed what appeared to be a new Toyota RAV4 in the adjacent parking-lot.
    It was maroon, and had the spare-tire in a plastic case recessed into the tailgate.
    Our CR-V also has the spare on the tailgate (although not recessed); to me stupid, because it invites theft.
    It also means the rear-door is hinged on the right side, so it conflicts with the garage-door.
    Our Bucktooth-Bathtub has no spare (BLUSTERING FROM WEST BRIDGEWATER ALERT!), and hinges the rear-door on top, so it doesn’t hit the garage-door.
  • After the Canandaigua YMCA I patronized mighty Weggers.
    After grabbing a bottle of mouthwash (ACT), I noticed a bewildered little old man confronting the huge array of Colgate Toothpaste.
    He was fingering a list, probably supplied by his wife, and on it was “Colgate Toothpaste.”
    So now what: Fresh Mint, Tropical Surprise, Whitening, Luminous, Tarter-Removal........
    I’ve faced the same hairball myself; 89 bazilyun kinds of Colgate Toothpaste.
    Some time ago faire Marcy suggested she was using “Luminous” toothpaste.
    Seemed like a good idea, so I looked for “Luminous,” found it, and bought a tube, little realizing there were three flavors.
    I inadvertently purchased “Tropical Surprise.” Never again. Tasted like dishwater. —Imagine brushing your teeth with Hawaiian Punch........
    The poor guy also had orange-juice on his list. HAIRBALL ALERT!
    He wasn’t carrying a cellphone.

  • My brother, who lives in West Bridgewater, Mass., near Boston, is a self-proclaimed authority on everything.
  • “Peg” is my baby-sister in Lynchburg, Va. She and her husband recently purchased a RAV4.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home