Friday, February 23, 2007

Regarding the charge of “timidity........”

It’s true; I can’t charge headlong into a parking-lot at 152 mph. And I accept that I might have to avoid some blonde bimbo turning her Jetta into my path because she voted for Dubya.
But I did have a house built, and am so far the onliest Hughes to have done so.
The almighty Bluster-King doubled the size of his garage, and turned it into a Nine-Mile Point so he could photograph a concrete-pump, thereby demonstrating his supreme macho prowess.
Linda’s mother came to live with us following the stroke, and didn’t seem to think the house was other than normal.
She seemed oblivious to the fact the walls of the shell were a foot thick, 18 inches of blown insulation was atop the ceiling, and as a result the heat-load was tiny.
She also didn’t notice that all the ceilings were eight-foot — no cathedral-ceilings. Heat rises; why should I blow it back down?
Building a house involves 89 bazilyun decisions; most on the fly. And there is all the research and preplanning necessary to get a super-insulated house built; i.e. beyond code requirements.
Plus we had specified a treated-wood foundation with drainage. Normal practice would have been cinder-block. (Treated-wood so we could insulate; and the treated-wood was beyond the stuff decks were built with.)
Heaven-forbid my noisy brother from Boston have to stay in a house a so-called “timid” person built.
Maybe he should stay at a power-plant instead.

  • My brother in Delaware has a turbocharged Volvo he once declared was capable of 152 mph.
  • Nine-Mile Point is a nuclear power-plant in New York state my brother in Boston managed building.
  • My brother in Boston crashed his Harley avoiding a blonde bimbo in a parking-lot turning her Jetta into his path. He ended up having to have enough steel pins inserted to repair broken bones to set off security at Logan airport.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home