Sunday, February 18, 2007

DUBYA-STICKER ALERT

So here I am exiting the mighty Canandaigua Weggers parking-lot.
I had gone there today (Sunday, February 18, 2007) to buy subs for supper, and bananas (I was out), plus the remaining groceries: $72.24, that includes a $5 gift to Foodlink (swipeable coupon).
Like most Weggers (being they’re a Rochester insteetooshin — “I guess we could sightsee; let’s go to Weggers”), they have a traffic-light at the entrance. It’s a “T” onto 5&20, except it’s not a “T,” since straight-across is into the old Canandaigua Chase-Pitkin, like all Chase-Pitkins, now closed.
A maroon Buick turns off of 5&20 into the old Chase-Pitkin lot, loops, and comes back out the entrance towards 5&20.
It has its left turn-signal on. I am across 5&20 in the Weggers entrance, planning to turn left.
Okay, so the Buick will turn left, meaning I can turn left without crossing its path. All I (we) need is a green light.
But NO; with his left-turn signal still on, he angrily turns right, glaring at all-and-sundry.
The light changed, so I turned left, and fell in behind the Buick.
Sure enough: DUBYA-STICKER ALERT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home