Monday, June 14, 2021

The end of the masks

—“*****,” I said to my lady-friend who heads my pharmacy.
(WOOPS! “Friend who happens to be female.”)
“You’re not wearing your mask.”
“Don't need to,” she chirped. “I’m fully vaccinated.”
“Does that mean I can ditch this thing?” I asked. I was still wearing my mask.
I ripped it off.
“Hooray hooray!” Face-to-face with ***** at last. Finally I get to see the real *****.
“At Weggers they can’t ditch their masks until July 4th,” I said.
“Yeah,” she complained. “What’s gonna happen between now and July 4th?”
“Why the entire state of Californy is gonna slide into the Mighty Abyss,” I said.
That’s a line stolen from one of my train videos.
Behind the train is the intersection of Interstate-15 with Highway 138 up to Cajon Pass.
That intersection will be improved, the announcer says, “unless California slides into the Mighty Abyss first.
Best line in the entire video.
But it sure is great to fully face-to-face with ***** again.
I missed her smile.
Thank goodness ***** isn’t an anti-vaxxer.

• “Weggers” is Wegmans, a large supermarket-chain based in Rochester where I often buy groceries.
• “Cajon” is pronounced “Kuh-HONE,” (not “Cajun”). It’s the mountain pass between the Los Angeles basin and the Mojave Desert, which is at a higher elevation. Yr Fthfl Srvnt has been to that pass; Cajon is one of the railfan pilgrimage stops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home