Saturday, April 03, 2021

I think she wanted me to say hello

—One of two new female lifeguards appeared at Canandaigua’s YMCA swimming-pool yesterday.
Neither are gorgeous, but both are cute, i.e. not Harley-mamas.
Both are young, and probably not married. Both will make some dude happy some day, and it won’t be me, since I’m old enough to be their grandfather.
Yesterday was *****; the other girl is ******.
***** kept looking at me; not making eyes, but acting like she wanted me to say hello.
Every time we passed each other, our eyes would meet. Not much, but enough for me to notice.
She kept glancing at me.
****** pretty much avoids me, but not *****.
Yrs Trly’s experience with women is zilch.
What’s happening here readers? (“Uh-oh…… Change the channel! That guy’s a-doin’ that there thinkin’ again. Hand me that remote, Luke!”)
A week or two ago I struck up conversations with each of the two new lifeguards, probably each individually.
****** was probably turned off, but apparently ***** liked the fact I struck up a conversation with her — that I was attracted enough to her to do so.
No matter I’m an outta shape geezer clumsy as Hell. I’m male, and was attracted enough to say something to her.
That was her perception, even though all I was doing was striking up a conversation.
****** probably perceived me a loathsome on-the-make lothario.
I’m way past that, but I do like associating with females. They counter my hoary childhood.
So now ***** wants me to talk to her again = still be attracted to her. Ergo: I spoke to her once, so she wants me to speak to her again.
Finally, “I always confuse you with that other girl,” as I exited the pool. (A horribly weak opening line.)
“One of you has blue eyes,” I said.
“That’s ******,” ***** said. Our eyes met, and indeed *****’s eyes were brown.
“We talked about you the other day,” ***** said.
“Probably that I’m a lonely hot-to-trot widower,” I thought to myself.
But SO WHAT? Talk to her! Make her feel good! Let her know I like what I see!
Not a come-on; not hitting on her!
Just saying hello to her will make her feel so much better than if I were to avoid her completely.
70 years late Yr Fthfl Srvnt learns how to make a girl happy.
Do it! Make her feel attractive!
My 65-year-old lifeguard friend at that pool, older and wiser than the newbies, tells me “striking up a conversation” with a pretty girl, devoid of evil intent, isn’t FLIRTING.
I agree with her, but to me “striking up a conversation” can also make a girl feel like I’m attracted to her.
I’m sorry, but I’ve noted there are girls out there who like that. And they’re not Harley-mamas!

• Please note what differentiates these two lifeguards are the eyes. On so many different occasions a lady’s eyes are what attracted my attention. Not some sexual attribute: legs for example. If I’d done that, I woulda lost both. (“The eyes are the window to the soul.”)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home