Tuesday, January 26, 2021

“You have the eyes!”

—“There she is again!” I said to myself.
“Did you not just get outta my way?” I asked her.
“Other side of the store?” she asked.
“What it is,” I said; “is you have the eyes.”
She blushed. I was telling her she had pretty eyes, and I wasn’t being a sleaze about it.
“You were blessed,” I said. “Many weren’t.
Pretty blue eyes, and smiling at me.
By then our eyes had met and WOW!
If there’s one thing I learned since my wife died it’s how to strike up a conversation.
I turned down that aisle just so I could talk to that lady.
Apparently striking up a conversation hardly ever happens; and ten years ago I wouldna done it.
Striking up a conversation isn’t flirting; unless you wanna say telling a lady she’s pretty is FLIRTING.
She already stepped aside for me once, and I didn’t say anything.
Then there she was again, so I had to tell her. I woulda skipped that aisle, but there she was again.
Apparently I do it right; I haven’t been smacked yet.
Thank goodness for Wegmans,” I said to myself as I turned out of their parking-lot.
A litany of goof-ups occurred here at home. Worst was leaving a stove-burner on over five hours.
(Haven’t burned the house down yet!)
So my need for bananas from Weggers was a blessing. Escape from utter stupidity.
And best of all was striking sparks with a pretty lady.
No matter what my critics say, she was smiling at me. It wasn’t faked.
“Why thank you,” she whispered.

• I can’t escape that supermarket without striking sparks with some pretty lady.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home