Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Beauty revisited

—Her name is ******.
But after our surfeit of eye-contact and talking to each other, her beauty is downgraded.
I used to say ****** was “extremely pretty.” But now I only say “pretty.”
She’s still pretty enough to scare me off ten years ago. But I’ve seen prettier.
My earlier assessment of her beauty was probably colored by wondering how a 76-year-old, outta shape geezer could ever talk to anyone so pretty.
But now I can, and she seems to wanna talk to me. And this is despite my goofing up earlier on my first try.
Yes, I enjoy talking to any pretty girl, but after all our face-to-face and eye-contact, I only think she’s cute. Incredibly cute. Strikingly cute.
Her pretty brown eyes aren’t the gorgeous eyes of her sidekick.
Yesterday was a disaster. I would try to make her laugh. I’d show her and her sidekick a picture on my iPhone.
With masks “Facial-Recognition” no longer works. In which case I have to login to my iPhone via my virtual keyboard.
My spastic fingering delays things.
Logging in took at least seven tries, maybe 20 minutes.
So much for a quick laugh — and I love making my lady-friends laugh.
I was hoping I could get ****** laughing. But I don’t think I did.
So much time got wasted logging in, the poor girl was waiting for me!
Our laugh was supposed to be regarding my fitted-sheet heaped atop my dryer.
We never got that far, although probably we did after 10-15 minutes of exasperation.
She ended up telling me how to fold a fitted-sheet; a chance for her to talk instead of me.
And women love talking. All I know is her name, but “yada-yada-yada-yada-yada!”
I found out her name after asking “who’s ******?”
It was ****** who answered my car’s Bluetooth phonecall.
Well, it seems we can talk. She knows who I am, and I know her name is ******.
No Smartphone shenanigans next week. Just “happy to see ya,” and I think the feeling will be mutual.
My critics will loudly disagree, but I’ve experienced so much joy I can’t agree with them.
Many of my lady-friends forgave me just so we could talk. I think ****** has.

• ****** and her sidekick are the two check-in ladies in the lobby next to Thompson Hospital’s Physical-Therapy department per COVID-19. I do a weekly exercise program in that Physical-Therapy department.
• ****** seems very young = early 20s. I’m probably old enough to be her grandfather.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home