Tuesday, November 03, 2020

More celebratin’

—The other day (Monday, November 2nd), after hiking Lehigh Valley RailTrail, and saying hello to my dog’s ashes……
I patronized a nearby supermarket to buy bananas.
Yrs Trly was followed into the store by a pretty girl, fairly cute, with gorgeous eyes.
“Uh-oh….. another turgid celebration of his amazing and mind-blowing successes with pretty ladies.”
It’s true of course, and I hear about it. The fact I do this blog is supposedly because writing is good for you. My wife died over eight years ago.
I don’t hafta publish, but I get numerous reads.
I Facebook these blogs as soon as I publish, then send e-mail links to my “readers” the next day.
That way I know if I get Facebook hits. I usually get one or two, sometimes more. I don’t know who they are, but only Facebook “friends” get them until I e-mail those blog-links.
Supposedly my blogging became catharsis, but I have readers. Occasionally I get comments, some direct to my blog.
My success with pretty ladies is mind-blowing, entirely unexpected after the childhood I had.
No pretty lady will associate with you!” When they do, and many do, it reverses my childhood.
Months ago I was telling my lifeguard friend at the Canandaigua YMCA swimming-pool about my childhood.“No pretty lady will say hello to you,” I said; “and you said hello to me.”
WHAM! She blushed and smiled. And she’s not an easy smiler.
I backhandedly told her she was pretty, and she loved it!
Not long ago I was talking with my college-age friend at the nearby kennel where I used to daycare my dog before I put him down. We were having a similar discussion about my tortured childhood.
“‘No pretty girl will talk to you,’ and here you are, talking to me.”
Again, SMILE ALERT!I did it again!
And it’s not Trump grab-ass. All I’m doing is telling a girl she’s pretty.
She could tell me to get stuffed, but they always love it. They always smile at me.
Once I was hiking Lehigh Valley RailTrail, and a bicyclist was sitting on a rock where I turn back.
Would I get there before she left? I did, and I think she mighta been waiting for me.
So began at least 20-25 minutes of continuous talking.
And she kept smiling at me, which is all it takes. She wasn’t that pretty, but her smile and twinkling eyes made up for that.
Finally I stopped us: “we could talk forever, and it sure would be fun. But I have things to do.”
Ladies love talking: the one who stops conversations is me.
I could give example after example. I’m amazed I do as well as I do: my childhood has me expecting utter failure.
So here I am in my supermarket, as is a girl with gorgeous eyes.
I’ve done it before = tell a lady she has gorgeous eyes. And if I may say so, the fact I noticed her eyes, instead of her rack, goes over extremely well!
So do I tell this girl her eyes are gorgeous? I’d like to, but only if we stumble into each other.
I had that happen before in a different supermarket, but there the lady walked toward me. “If you were who I thought you might be, I'd be singing happy birthday to you. Today is my friend’s birthday. Same build, same hair, but wrong person.”
“My birthday is this weekend,” she exclaimed.
She smiled as I sang happy birthday to her.
But I ain’t chasin’ “pretty-eyes!” I turned down an aisle, and there she was at the other end. But she walked away.
If I don’t get to tell her, so be it! (If I chase, I’m being forward.)
I have a hunch she woulda smiled = making us both feel good!
People tell me I’m dreamin’ to feel so positive. But I think if I was suspicious that would radiate — and I’d turn ladies off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home