Thursday, June 25, 2020

“I don’t have any sexual partners”

—“One of your sexual partners has tested positive for COVID-19,” screamed a recent text.
“Are you kidding?” I shouted. “At my age? (76.) Come on man!
I don’t have any sexual partners.”
I said. “And in fact, the only sexual partner I ever had was my wife (GASP).”
I have many more female friends than I thought I’d ever have, but none of them are sexual partners.
My wife may have had other sexual partners, but I kinda doubt it. If she did she certainly had every right, considering how completely impossible I was to live with back then.
But my wife was my only sexual partner. In other words, GET REAL dudes; you just phished the wrong guy.
ZAP!Delete!”
Just recently I got a voicemail, supposedly from The Donald, exhorting me to vote for one of his cohort wannabees.
“Chris Jacobs stands for what I stand for. Against that crazy Nancy Pelosi and her do-nothing Democrats eager to destroy our country.” (I’ve yet to see the logic of “do-nothing Democrats” destroying our country by doing nothing. Isn’t destroying one’s country doing something?)
Lots of yelling by orange-man with blustering stolen from Limbaugh.
“Chris Jacobs will protect our Second Amendment right to own and use assault weapons.”
Yr Fthfl Srvnt has been on this planet over 76 years. It seems like 30-40 years ago insanity like this wasn’t happening. Not even eight years ago when my wife died.
Recently I disconnected my cable-TV. Even Trump’s latest 3 AM Tweet® from the Great-White-Throne didn’t justify the cost.
And that’s all I watched. Everything else seemed a wasteland compared to my writing.
Recently a friend posted to her Facebook something about disregarding the news: COVID-19, violence, looting, etc.
I “shared” it, and now many other FB “friends” are “sharing” my share.
Not long ago some goofball stumbled upon this laptop’s admin password. He’s demanding 89 bazilian in bitcoin, threatening to divulge all the raunchiness on my hard drive.
Well GOOD LUCK dudes. You won’t find any kinkiness on my hard drive, unless someone else planted it there.
They (he) threatened to clue in my wife: HELLO; she’s been dead over eight years. (Afterlife, mayhap?)
A few weeks ago I got a Facebook message from ***** ********, a Facebook “friend” I contact maybe once a year for her birthday; she was in my high school class.
It contained some raunchy video, supposedly of ME performing some kinky sex act.
It didn’t read like *****; her command of English would be better.
I didn’t open the video; I’m not poisoning my rig!
So her “message” sits in my FB message folder. As far as I know I can’t delete it.
Other strange things happened. A far-away e-mail contact wanted me to buy an Amazon gift-card as a favor while he was outta town.
I’da helped him, but how would I know it’s actually him? (I didn’t buy the gift-card.)
Today was a deluge of texts — actually “iMessages,” I guess.
I can perceive some lackie stealing my e-mail contacts, and I guess he can steal my iMessage contacts too. They’re all in this laptop — but just Apple contacts. Anyone else is non-Apple.
Text after text after text! Finally I stopped deleting; that is, I no longer opened the text.
My friend says she’s very scam-savvy. I’d like to think I am too.
Technology brought us many wonders. I do these blogs “dictation” = voice recognition. (That’s talking to this machine.) Then I “edit” to take out the flubs. (Not much.)
It’s wonderful. It saves me time.
On the other hand, it’s showering me with insanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home