Friday, February 22, 2019

Loose cannon

“Hi Bob,” said a guy I don’t know.
I think he’s the Canandaigua YMCA’s new Aquatic Director.
I do aquatic balance-training in that YMCA’s swimming-pool.
He’s only been there a week or two, or maybe three.
I passed him later. “Hi Bob.”
“How come everybody here knows my name?” I asked.
“Your reputation,” he said.
“And what’s my reputation?” I asked.
“Staunch supporter of everything the YMCA stands for; valued member who always attends, yada-yada.”
“Oh stop!” I said. “The reputation I got third-hand was ‘watch out for that Hughes guy. He’s a loose cannon.’”
“Yer young only once, but can be immature all yer life,” I said.
“That Hughes guy might say anything.”
I think not. Taste and decorum, but make ‘em laugh. Gotta be careful with off-color jokes. I ain’t some Trump wannabee.
Some day I’ll find out his name. Pity that poor dude having to stroke some complete whacko.
Then I’ll hafta construct something to remember his name. I don’t call her “Hannah-banana,” but that’s how I remember her name.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steven Circh said...

I vaguely recall Hughes as a person who knew when to shut-up. It's always a plus to know when to cease-fire. Come on, you were always a gentleman. To define BobbaLew a "loose cannon" is dramatic overreach.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home