Friday, March 09, 2018

Blog-material

“Does yer Alexa® laugh at you?”
I woulda asked that to *****-the-lifeguard at the Canandaigua YMCA swimming-pool. But she wasn’t there yesterday. She’s the only one I know with Alexa®, which appears to be Siri-like programming on Amazon’s Echo® smartspeaker.
Siri is Apple’s voice-activated personal assistant on my iPhone. There are 89-bazilyun things Siri can do, but pretty much all I do is have her make phonecalls. I’ve had her play YouTube thingies.
The other day the national TV-news reported Alexa was transmitting chuckles.
“Laughing Alexa® is blog-material,” I woulda said.
A lot of what I blog is madness that comes with technological advance.
For example, ordering something online is supposed to be a slam-dunk. But it always takes way more time than buying it at a store. I order online to avoid dragging all over creation looking for purchases.
“So go to WallyWorld,” I’m told. By so doing I add at least a half-hour getting there-and-back, plus parking. That’s probably a dollar’s worth of gas. Then I hafta search the store, plus endure being snapped at by WalMart associates because I interrupted their day-long donut-break.
Plus shopping WalMart risks getting hugged and kissed by a urine-smelling geezer-greeter, although I think WalMart stopped that.
12-oz. SunDrop can, 12 per carton-case.
Yesterday morning I had 15-20 minutes before going to my YMCA aquacise class, so I decided to online order my SunDrop soda. SunDrop is southern, so is no longer available in a store up here.
A while ago I ordered from a candy outlet, but they were outta stock. I switched to WalMart, but SunDrop was no longer available online; only at stores mentioned. I didn’t fiddle; and do I wanna drive all they way to KY to get SunDrop?
10 minutes so far; my time-window was rapidly closing. I fired up a site selling SunDrop for a pittance, but they wanted $26.98 shipping-and-handling.
I try to be deft with this laptop, but “Are they nuts? NO WAY JOSÉ! They ain’t getting no $26.98 just to ship $11 worth of sody!”
Now up to 15 minutes. I fired up “Jet;” $29 total for a case of SunDrop, $10 of which is shipping-and-handling. On to EBay. $21.78 for the same case, but no shipping-and-handling.
EBay wins. $21.78 is still ridiculous for a case of SunDrop, but EBay was lowest.
Quickly approaching a half-hour. Sure, only five minutes if ya let the vipers drain yer wallet.
“So why doncha buy a carton-case of Mountain-Dew at the supermarket?” a girl in my aquacise asked. “That’s citrus-based too, just like SunDrop.”
“Mountain-Dew is toxic,” I cried.
“All sodas are toxic,” the girl wailed.
She has a point, but “What are you, my mother?”
Another lady laughed.
“Glad I made ya laugh,” I told her later.
She laughed.
“Made ya laugh again,” I said.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home