Friday, October 07, 2016

Another tree falls in the forest

“According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a valid OMB control number.
The valid OMB control number for this information collection is 0938-0990.
The time required to complete this information collection is estimated to average eight hours per response initially, including the time to review instructions, search existing data resources, gather the data needed, and complete and review the information collection.
If you have comments concerning the accuracy of the time estimate(s) or suggestions for improving this form, please write to: CMS, 7500 Security Boulevard, Attn: PRA Reports Clearance Officer, Mail Stop C4-26-05, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.”

—If you were able to read all of the above, without -a) falling asleep, or -b) throwing up your hands in horror:
CONGRATULATIONS!
My first reaction was WHA-A-A-?????
It’s added to a notification from my former employer, Regional Transit Service. I can join a Medicare Part-D prescription coverage plan, if I wish — I guess.
Or I can stick with what I already have, so-called “creditable coverage.”
What, pray tell, is that?
Right now my prescription copays don’t break the bank.
I don’t expect to become diabetic, and my blood-pressure medication is minimal. I don’t have a cholesterol problem, and don’t expect I will.
My health insurance is a benefit of having worked at Regional Transit.
When I had my stroke 23 years ago hospitalization was paid in full, including hospital rehabilitation.
Recently my prostate was removed, and that was paid in full too. My knee replacement was also paid in full.
My bus-union was loudly badmouthed, but thanks to them I ain’t in debtors prison.
Fat-cats had to share. They couldn’t just parade their Mercedes telling us little guys to eat cake.
So what do I make of this note on my letter?
I’ve seen stuff like this before, often on a separate piece of paper.
Or perhaps “This page intentionally left blank.”
Looks like the Paperwork Reduction Act generates more paper.

• “Regional Transit Service” is the public transit-bus operator in Rochester, NY, where I drove transit-bus for 16&1/2 years (1977-1993). My stroke October 26th, 1993 ended that. I retired on medical-disability. I recovered fairly well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home