Tuesday, July 07, 2015

So ends the great experiment

I was tiring of Arrowhead Mills Corn-puffs.
What to do? I don’t like puffed-wheat, and puffed millet is bird-food.
I decided to go back and try various Kellogg cereals, Special K, and raisin-bran. I used to like Special K, and had Kellogg’s raisin-bran in the hospital, and it was okay.
I purchased boxes of Special K and raisin-bran, but you have to be careful. Special K has become a marketing empire of everything under the sun. I don’t want something artificially sweetened with added protein. I managed to find an original Special K.
And my raisin-bran was a generic store-brand. Kellogg’s raison-bran too was available in multiple versions. My first choice was erroneous. It was sweetened with honey and had added crunch.
But Kellogg’s had an original raisin-bran, as did the store.
I used to get this buying orange-juice for my wife.
I’d have to call her with my cellphone. No pulp, slight pulp, maximum pulp, or heavily fortified with wood pulp?
Why is it every American industry is obsessed with increasing market-stare = growth?
Try to buy toothpaste. I swear there are 15 different versions of Colgate, as with Crest.
I buy Pepsodent. There are only two versions available in the store: regular and mint-flavored.
So I was set to go back to conventional breakfast cereal, instead of that funky stuff I’ve been eating.
“What are you, some kind of liberal? Switch back to General-Mills and Kellogg.”
Too many Choco-puffs, and too many Froot-Loops, and sooner-or-later ya become a cereal-killer.
I couldn’t take either. Too conventional = fortified with salt and sugar.
Arrowhead Mills has neither. I couldn’t take the salt or sugar. It wasn’t excessive, but noticeable.
Back to the funky stuff, puffed-corn devoid of sugar or salt. Along with the Puffed-Rice I already eat — and bulk-oats and Post Shredded wheat-and-bran, which is also devoid of salt and sugar.
Post Shredded wheat-and-bran is the only conventional cereal I can stand; I guess because it’s unconventional, that is, no sugar or salt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home