Saturday, June 13, 2015

The End (I hope)

With any luck, I think I finally stopped the torrent of twice-daily e-mails from Doggiefood.com.
I did this by the simple expedient of “unsubscribe,” although it was deftly located at the bottom of their e-mail, in tiny print I hopefully wouldn’t see.
I only mention this because I kept “junking” the Doggiefood.com e-mails, but they kept appearing as “non-junk.”
Usually when I “junk” an e-mail, anything from that sender is thereafter automatically “junked;” that is, it only appears in my “junk” folder.
Not Doggiefood.com. They must have been doing something to override my “junk” function.
Every day I had to junk Doggiefood.com e-mails. It was getting irksome.
I don’t know what started Doggiefood.com. I don’t think I ever ordered anything from them.
I’m more inclined to think they purchased my e-mail address from another pet supplier, and thereby began showering me.
Such are the wondrous joys of our techno-age.
Some desperate business buys my e-mail address, and thereafter deluges me with purchase solicitations, and then writes some code that offsets my “junk” assignment.
I had this happen with Linked-In. Hello, I’m not vain enough to think of myself as super-superior “prefessional.” But I couldn’t shut off their solicitations.
I “junked” everything from Linked-In, but kept getting their e-mails as “non-junk.”
I also get the feeling Linked-In is some Facebook thingy, aimed at one’s vanity.
I’m mad at Facebook — it’s locked my machine.
I also feel it played upon my ignorance to get me to join.
I finally got Linked-In to leave me alone; how I don’t remember.
I hope now Doggiefood.com leaves me alone.

• I have a dog, Scarlett, a rescue Irish-Setter.
• “My machine” is of course this computer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home