Monday, August 20, 2012

Another window-treatment my wife will never see


New venetian-blinds in the south-facing kitchen window. (Photo by BobbaLew.)

Pictured above from the outside are venetian-blinds I had installed in our kitchen window.
I actually did both kitchen windows. Illustrated is the south-facing window.
Budget-Blinds came out last week and installed the kitchen blinds.
I’m not sure they’re what my wife intended.
Photo by BobbaLew.
The front-window treatment (from inside).
The front-window treatment, pictured at left, I’m sure of.
My wife picked it out.
Budget-Blinds installed it after she died.
The kitchen-window treatment I’m not sure of.
We discussed it, but never decided.
It probably should have been honeycomb insulating shades. We have them in our bedroom windows.
But I think she wanted to do venetian-blinds like on our back porch.
Budget-Blinds did them too, long ago.
I probably would have advocated for insulating shades.
I always advocate for insulation. A window is a hole in the wall.
I advocated for insulating shades in the front-window, which is gigantic.
But everything we looked at was horrible, or had installation and fit problems.
Our first choice, not installed, from Country-Curtains, was insulating, but it looked like a mattress-cover or large dishrag.
It didn’t look good.
What Budget-Blinds installed in the front window is not insulating, but looks much better than Country-Curtains.
I could add an insulating curtain, but probably won’t.

• My beloved wife of 44 years died of cancer April 17, 2012. She was 68. I miss her dearly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

Dishrags wouldn't be attractive.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home