Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Showstopping Thanksgiving cake



“If I ever found anything like that on our Thanksgiving table, I’d personally scoop it up and take it out to our mulch-pile,” I said.
The November 2011 issue of my wife’s Better Homes and Gardens has a photograph of a so-called “showstopping Thanksgiving cake,” pictured above, on its cover.
“Looks like potato-peelings on top,” I said.
“And it looks like house-garbage was slathered between the layers.
I put that thing on our mulch-pile, and it will scare away all the birds.
I’ll hafta turn it under the grass-clippings.”
My wife gets Better Homes and Gardens magazine, as does my sister-in-law in Florida.
This is despite my wife’s complaining how unrealistic it is.
“Did they ever hear of mud? Dogs track in dirt,” she says.
Years ago I worked at a bank-branch south of Rochester, NY supervising its teller-line.
I had two ladies working for me, one of whom regaled me with tales of visiting the other lady’s house.
You couldn’t walk into her so-called “living-room;” it was off-limits.
Heaven forbid ya track dirt on the carpet.....
Sounds like a candidate for a Better Homes and Gardens feature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home