Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wait just one cotton-pickin’ minute

A couple weeks ago I got a gift-solicitation from Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra (RPO) that looked a lot like renewal of our annual membership.
Okay, a worthy organization. I set the solicitation aside to renew our annual membership, as I have for years.
The other night I cranked the “renewal” as a check; I couldn’t do it online.
I set about cranking the donation into my Excel® tax-file.
The silly thing auto-filled.
Wait just one cotton-pickin’ minute!
If it auto-filled, it looks like I’ve given to these clowns before.
I cranked up an Excel “Find;” Command-F.
Sure enough, “Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra” in February of 2011.
I dragged out my tax records, and there it was, my annual renewal to Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra last February.
What is it with these guys? They always have their hand out.
Do they think I’m loaded?
I’m not a fat-cat. I’m not Bernie Madoff. I didn’t retire with a golden parachute.
I support local charities, but once a year is all I can afford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home