Saturday, October 29, 2011

NO!

“I just burned 20 minutes of my life telling Chase Bank I don’t want to receive junk-mail,” I said to my wife.
“They have it backwards,” she said.
“If we don’t return this survey, we get junk mail.”
We received a letter from Deb Waldon, Executive Vice-President, Cardmember Experience.
(“Whaaa........” —They actually pay someone for that title? Probably big bucks too.)
I’ve extracted portions of it:

“Thank you for being a Chase customer. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your financial needs and are continually developing new products and services to help our customers manage their finances.
Currently, our records indicate that you are not being mailed any offers from Chase. We are updating our customers’ preferences for receiving these mailings. We want to be sure that you know about available offers and that you have the opportunity to consider them.
Please respond by 12/15/2011. If you do not respond, you may begin to receive offers in the mail about these products and services.”

NO! I don’t want to receive solicitations for business-banking.
I’m not a business.
All we have with Chase is our eons-old credit-card account, and if they start charging us, when we pay off in full every month, I’m going elsewhere.
I know Chase doesn’t think that highly of us, since we don’t carry an outstanding credit-card balance, on which they can charge us a gigundo interest-rate, to keep their fat-cats in Mercedes-Benzes.
No, we don’t want auto and vehicle financing solicitations.
New cars are cash from our savings.
Plus I drive a car 12 years or more.
And no, I’m not interested in home-equity loans.
I closed our home-equity loan at Key Bank last year when they mucked up our address and billing.
The only reason I kept it open was to pay taxes on our house.
Plus in case we ever needed it.
So I must fill out your silly form lest you bombard me with unwanted offers.
They get both online and snail-mail, but if they send us stuff anyway, my shredder is ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home